Thursday, May 6, 2010

Happy Early Mother's Day

With Valentina's due date around the corner and me being 80% effaced and 1 centimeter dialated as of yesterday, I don't know where we will be this weekend.  So, I want to wish my own mother, Leslie, my Sita, mi suegra, Lourdes, my beautiful aunts, my best friend Suzanne and ALL OF MY WONDERFUL MOMMY FRIENDS a wonderful Mother's Day!! 

"I'll show my children right from wrong,
encourage dreams and hope,
explain respect for others,
while teaching them to cope
with outside pressures, inside fears,
a world that's less than whole;
and through it all I'll nurture
my children's most precious soul!
Though oftentimes a struggle,
this job I'll never trade;
for in my hand tomorrow lives...
a future that GOD has made"

Mommies remember:
There is NO way to be a perfect mother, but a MILLION ways to be a GOOD one!!

4 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful poem. It had me tearing up, as usual. Happy mother's day to you too!You are such a wonderful mother. I hope mother's day comes early for you :). I love your sentiment at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day, Shalimar! You inspire and encourage me to be a better mom every day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day yourself! I'm feeling honored to now be a received AND a giver on this special day!

    I was 1 cm and 80% for 4 weeks before Audrey came (boo), but knowing how Salvatore came, Valentina will be here in no time at all! I'm thinking of you this week, and I can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mama's Day. You do everything in that poem and more, Shalimar! You're a super mom + a beautiful one, too!

    ReplyDelete