So I was shopping at Albertson's the other day and saw a kit for a Gingerbread Train. My imagination immediately went wild-oh, how Salvatore will love this, we can make it together with David's parents, we can laugh and smile while we take pictures and make lasting Christmas memories, blah blah blah. Here is how it REALLY went:
1. Salvatore's only interest was opening the candy bags and pouring them into bowls.
2. Benedict trying consistently to lick and/or eat anything that was close to or on the edge of the table.
3. I was horrible at putting it together and had trouble following simple English directions. ( The picture did not represent what was in the package and vice versa).
4. Salvatore lost interest after 2 minutes, Benny lost interest after about 15, and I gave up after 20.
5. David's mom, Lourdes, stayed up for awhile afterwards and finished it, and when I woke up in the morning, it actually looked better than the picture on the box! One of the many reasons why I love her, she makes everything look easy and special!