Thursday, November 12, 2009

We...took a bath....with THIS?!?!?!?


What is my biggest fear?  SPIDERS! Since I was a kid and got bit at school and went to the hospital for an allergic reaction (I will show the scar anytime), I have been afraid.  Not the "screaming girl who is trying to get attention" afraid.  Really, really afraid.  I always scream in my specific "get this ^%$#@ spider out of here" scream and most people come to my rescue.  At school, I have a specific Spider Killer job for my students where he or she must do the triple death sequence-squoosh in lots of tissue, put in sink with hot water to burn it, then flush it down the sink for drowning.  What if no one is around?  I have convinced myself a few times to kill it myself if it is really small.  Otherwise, I have been known to vacate rooms for days at a time until there is a solution.  Oh, and I get really mad at you if you come in to save me, and the spider gets away.  So usually I have my "spidey senses" on at all times and can sense them if they are near.  Seriously, sometimes I see them in the dark.  Yesterday morning, this was not the case.  I was taking a bath with Salvatore and we must have been in there for 20 MINUTES before I noticed this monster floating between us!  I screamed for David, who was sleeping, so I was on my own.  It was already dead, but I freaked out all day when I wondered how many times it must have touched me, my sweet baby, or floated around either one of us!!! UGH!!!  It hurts me to even post this pic, but you must see how gigantic it was-like the size of a quarter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment