Sunday, March 30, 2014

Valentina, the little gymnast

My sweetheart, in her element...
 her happy, healthy place...
 where she is loved and can practice in a safe place...
 surrounded by great coaches and lots of little friends...
 where she is learning how to move her body...
 and try new things...
 succeeding, failing, then trying again...

to be the best that she can be. This is only one class, one little moment of her life, but it is monumental to me.  It is to her also, to some extent, though she doesn't realize it in the same way yet.  But I am a happy momma, watching her each week, no phone in my hand, tons of random thoughts entering and exiting my brain, lots to reflect upon from her, the other kiddos, the other parents, and the coaches.  I just sit there and take it all in, reminding myself to remember these moments, to cherish them, these times when my sweet girl looks for my face each and every time she does something, giving me her little thumbs- up, and her wanting to see mine in return.  

So beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment