Friday, June 1, 2012

Blue. Eyed. SOUL.



My recent obsession. Wikipedia defines Blue Eyed Soul here.  Blue Eyed Soul Artists are listed here
See any favorites?
I listen to Ray each morning while getting ready for work.  Just have to hear it.  Especially the way his voice moans at 4:25...my. goodness.
And David.  That voice. That passion. That...story.  (Mel, it makes me think of how you might feel).
And James.  Oh, James.  You give me something, too.  I can't get enough.
And George.  This is one of your best. Period.
And Citizen Cope.  You are on the verge of something wonderful.
And Peter. This song means something to just about everybody.
And Jason.  I don't know if I love this song or this video more.  
And Annie.  Never have I heard such a question as deep and meaningful as this.
And Adele.  You are everyone's latest obsession.
And Elton. Dear Elton. You are still the epitome of what music is. And what music does. And what music can do.  
And Bruce. You wrote the one song that is the ultimate LOVE SONG for me.  These lyrics just sum up for me the classic and perfect love. The one that's Tougher than the Rest.  It's not the one about swimming the deepest oceans or climbing the highest mountains. It's not about how beautiful someone is or how happy they feel.  And it's certainly not about your first love...it's about your last. 

No comments:

Post a Comment