Wednesday, October 16, 2013

On a Mission

Salvatore's soccer schedule had us all the way down in San Juan Capistrano for the afternoon.  With the extreme heat, a lost game, bad moods and bickering between all of us, I suggested we take a walk over to the Mission, and it was just what we all needed.

Kids got to feed the Koi.  One pebble at a time, so we were there for a good 20 minutes.  Comparing the swarming of the Koi to the swarm of ducks when you drop bread crumbs, the kids were in heaven with the attention from the fish.  Valentina was naming them based on their colors and sizes and we recorded the feeding frenzy to watch again later.

We all thought that we were pretty cool when we could toss a pellet of food directly into an open mouth!

We relaxed, reconnected, and found inspiration with every turn. 

The last time I was at this mission, I was 8 months pregnant with Valentina. 

When was your last visit?

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been to this mission since I taught 4th grade about 10 years ago! It's beautiful, and I love wondering who walked around the courtyard or cooked in the kitchen, and whether anyone is still "there." I'm glad your day turned around!

    ReplyDelete