Sunday, November 20, 2011

Good Times

Valentina is 18 months! She is so full of love and mischief. I can't get enough of her and miss her deeply when I go to work. She runs to me when I arrive. Can't beat that!
She loves Spiderman, brushing her teeth, eating raisins, and the Geico gecko. Yes, really. I don't know why. But she will run from another room if she hears a Geico commercial on.
She is starting to sound just like Salvatore with her talking and singing. Sometimes I can't tell them apart. She keeps up well with him and gets right back up when she falls down. And she gives the cutest dirty looks you've ever seen. Won't be so cute when she is 13, but right now it cracks us up.
Salvatore continues to amaze and surprise us with his wit and charm. The other day, he calmed Valentina down by gently starting to sing, "This little piggy..." with her toes. But this is how he sang it:
"This little piggy played soccer,
this little piggy went to the store,
this little piggy had a sandwich,
this little piggy went home,
and this little piggy wants to play with Spiderman."
He doesn't miss a beat and will pick up on ANYTHING that we are talking about. And he offers his opinions and suggestions constantly. He loves to think about and pray for other people. He is so kind to his classmates. Sometimes, in conversation, I forget that he is a child. Can't believe that he will be 4 soon. The other day when I got home from work, I told him that 10 hours had passed since I had kissed him and that we needed to make up for lost time. He suggested 81 kisses and let me hold him and counted for me while I administered every one. Can't beat that either!

4 comments:

  1. She is looking more like you! We love the Geico gecko, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 does seem so big, doesn't it?
    I loved watching your oldest and my youngest in action....wonderful there were no fires to put out, or compromises to be made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhh!

    ok!!! too much! valentina is so gorgeous!!!! her hair and those eyes... she's gonna break some hearts!!

    and why is salvatore the sweetest boy ever? 81 kisses? such a tender moment!! and i cannot believe he will be FOUR soon! where did the time go?!?!?!

    your wonderful kids are such a true reflection of you and what a terrific momma you are to them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this post melts my heart. It has been too long since we have had a play date. We need to get together soon - I want to see Sal and Val:)

    ReplyDelete